The pillow is generally known to function as a support for the head and neck. But there are many different ways in which the pillow can also be used as the body pillow for pregnant women.
The pillow generally conjures up an image of a person in bed, snuggled up with the head resting on plump soft supports. But, today, with many different types of pillows available, the use of the pillow has also become much diversified and varied. Thus the pillow is now being used in a number of different ways; the thought of some of which would have seemed alien in the past.
Thus with different types of pillows catering to the different needs of people, buying a pillow needs a lot of thought and research. This is especially true when one wants to buy pillow online since today pillows are differentiated both on the:
- The material used for its creation and
- On the shape of the pillow.
Some alternative uses that are commonly seen around the world
- Decoration: Fancy, embroidered, or patterned pillows showcasing elegance, welcoming warmth, and comfort are being extensively used as decorative pieces. Pretty designs and patterns as well as a variety of shapes enable these pillows to blend in with the room décor and also help enhance it further.
- Maternity pillows: Today maternity pillows are used in a variety of ways, each having the sole purpose of providing the ever-changing body with the required comfort. Thus today, there are many people who prefer to buy maternity pillow and use them to alleviate pains and aches in different parts of the body during pregnancy and even after the baby is born.
- Prayer rest: This is also a fairly common sight wherein small white pillows are placed in pairs on the floor, especially in churches around the world. These help to provide comfort and support to the knees when a person is kneeling in prayer on the hard floor of the church.
- Orthopedic pillow: As the name suggests, these pillows are generally used to correct postural anomalies and also provide support to areas like the back, neck, etc. They are considered to be the best pillow for spondylosis and work by cleverly providing the needed support so that a person suffering from any orthopedic aliment is able to get a safe, peaceful, and healthy sleep.
- Reading pillow: These pillows can be recognized by their unique shape which also results in them being nicknamed the husband pillow or even the boyfriend pillow. These pillows have a high-back and two large arms and function to provide support to anyone reading or watching television for a long time. Leaning against these pillows makes for an excellently comfortable position.
- Hugging pillow: Also used as the body pillow for pregnant women, these pillows are long and narrow so that the person using them can wrap their hands and legs around them for comfort. Thus they function to provide the necessary comfort, especially during pregnancy by providing much-needed support to the uterus housing the growing baby.
Other pillows like the neck roll pillow, the headrest pillow, the energy-providing pillow, the sleep-inducing pillow, etc., are all made to serve some specific purpose and provide support and comfort to a specific part of the body.